Monday, October 24, 2016

Taking The Dice

Tangled branches cast reflections
In the absence of light, so intricate.
Heart beats faster, recollections
Never before, yet now, so delicate.

Thoughts move quick and deranged
Through vast spaces of the mind.
All decisions have been made
Nothing else there is I can find.

So silent, yet loud, in its voice
No longing, no thoughts whatsoever.
Truly now I have made my choice
To stay afloat tonight, if not forever.

No trust, no opening of the heart,
No more signs of human weakness.
To leave behind all what was tart--
This feeling is truly just a sickness.

I am a castle, I am a wall forevermore.
To lobby for myself only; the night is long.
Nonetheless, the morning has a door
Into normality with the birds' waking song.

All for me, for no one else is this lore:
To be above all games and bitter lies,
Realizing there's always need for more,
I shall leave, taking with me the dice.

A.K.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a wall forevermore is a great line. I read this as a love that has turned sour - for any number of reasons.

    ReplyDelete